Tuesday, May 13, 2008

You Have to Start Somewhere



I should have started this blog about six months ago when we first brought Millie home as an 11-week-old puppy. She has changed so much since then, as all puppies do, but I had to start somewhere, so I'm starting with today. I'll backfill along the way with more photos and stories from her puppydom. 


Actually, I'll start with yesterday. One of Millie's favorite things to do is find any source of water in yard and dig until it creates a puddle. Fortunately for her, the lay of our land (all .25 acres of it) helps her out (two close neighbors' sprinkler system coupled with our own, not to mention a pretty rainy April and May). So, hence the name of my blog: Thoroughly Muddy Millie. 

The first time I looked off my deck and saw her this muddy, I panicked about how I was going to have to take her straight to the bathtub and all the dirt and mud that was going to get into my house. I don't think it occurred to me that this was going to be a common occurrence. Now a much more seasoned puppy parent, I've learned to not fret about it and keep a stack of "Millie" towels by the back door to do the daily rub down after she has frolicked in the mud. 


No comments:

Post a Comment